søndag 7. november 2010

Christmas preparations...

After one week of long days of working, ridiculessly long, suddenly the weekend came, and I realised that Christmas is this year too, suddenly approaching! It hits me every year...

As years before, I realised that this year too, the year has passed so quickly by, and I'm yet again asking myself; "So, what did we get out of this year?". A whole lot has happened, but all in all, this year, I'm actually not so occupied of what I've got done or not.

A couple of weeks ago, news arrived me that a dear cousin of my mom is dying -she'll be lucky if she survives till Christmas! She has this rare cancer type, which isn't curable, and we could just hope for the best...

Tonight I finally got time to call her, without her, or me, being busy, as always... I was cooking dinner and while I was stirring over my pots and pans, we had a pleasant conversation, and all these memories came back, from when she babysat me -it was really nice! She told me she knew I was gay, and she wondered if I had gotten myself a boyfriend -I told her no. She said she would be jealous of me if I would get one, and that she didn't have the time to bother with men, because she just had till Christmas of living...

And I thought; OMG! And I who thinks that I don't have time for this and that, and whatever, and here I'm declared that a dear family-member of mine, actually don't have time, cause she's actually dying -talk about time's running out... I should not complain of my situation of running out with time -this truly shows, it could always be so much worse!

I'm a true believer of both Carpe Diem! and Carpe Noctem! It all just depends of the situation... I'm glad I' always trying to do my best, and always striving to get better. And, I'm also glad I'm taking my time to do things in a right manner, without cynicism nor evel second thought. I'd rather live in respect and harmony with mye surroundings and the people in it, than to go with cynical shortcuts, or with a pasture that is like "walking over dead bodies"...

I'd rather live, and in the end looking back, knowing I tried my best, for me and my people around me, to the people I love, and to our beloved planet, which is our home and hope for the future.

I promise to always do my best, to myself, my people and my surroundings. With or without, Christmas...

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar