søndag 8. august 2010

Getting used to this place...

As much as I really want to write this in my own motherspoken language -I know it's best for my speaking over here that I continue in English.

This place is just so overwhelmingly fabulous, I don't know where to find the words for it! Though; I have to admit this is also a bit of a challenge for me; I'm here all by my self, and everyway of communication has to be in English. After a week of communicating everything in English I feel a bit of wearyness on this; It's taking it's toll on me.

Last night I went out with the girls -they were throwing a little get-together for Mary -she just recently had her birthday, and I was so lucky to be invited with them -they welcomed me great and were really sweet to me. A while into the whole thing I started to feel a little like an outsider, as I tend to do sometimes. Not that I was, but more of the fact probably that I'm all new to all the people here, I have to start from scratch with everything -not that that's something dangerous, I just have to keep it in mind the very fact that I've never been here before, and I don't know anybody like I do back home. Another aspect with being social to people over some time, (read; hours) is that that's something dfferent, you know; that requires a more free and unplanned use of english which will not come easily anyhow, and there's no other way of learning than to learn by doing...

The thing about this travel that is also unbelievably great is the fact that I'm actually here ALL by my self! I need this to grow stronger, to get more grounded and to learn without having anybody to hold my hand. When I think about it, it freaks me out, but what's true is that it's going great! I'm looking after myself and I'm taking care of myself! I owe that to me, and all the people that I love, and that loves me... :)

I could not have done this with all you guys back home there, who support and love me!

Thank you so much!! :-**

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar