lørdag 7. august 2010

Lucky friday...

Last day was a day that really gave me a little feeling of how it could be to live over here; a had my clock to ring at 6 am. I had to get up early cause if you're staying at a hostel who houses mostly backpackers, you will realize the most of them are earlybirds -wanting to get up and out to get as much as possible out of the day. Besides I was actually going to the salon, but not until 1 pm though -actually had to wait for the shower eventhough; a girl just sneaked her way into it while I was payin' Mister Loo a visit -whatever... :P

Ate breakfast and had a stop to my regular Starbucks which is just around the corner! Here I get fabulous coffee, great morning music and besides, they have a free Wi-Fi-internett I could use! Yay! :D

My mission before job was to download pictures and update my blog, and it took ages! Yezz... suddenly I was coming a bit short in time so I felt my heart ran it's rythm up a bit had to get by the Hostel to lock in my Mac and all the valuables I didn't have to bring along -ran off then to the Metro, finding my way and did really good hitting the nearest station as I know of till now to Lori's salon in Soho. In time;)

The day was great; people were coming in, it was laxed so I could just hang around and observe. The crew is great -and I'm starting to get close to some of them -there's this girl, Josie, and she reminds me so much of my self; she's a nutty, she says so herself(!) and she gets all these crazy clients! Just like me... here the other day she had a woman who started to cry because Josie wasn't able to do her extentions after her last client which would mean that Josie wouldn't finish work until the clock had reached midnight...! The whole reason for wanting to have this service done in that time was because of the very fact that the client wasn't able to fit it in otherwise in her schedule...! Lol!

It was a great day! The girls offered me a drink and we had a talk after closing up -it was great! They're really sweet to me, and I have a lot (lot!) to learn from them! And they're so humble and kind -suits me perfect!

Afterwards I just walked the forty blocks that's between Midtown were I'm staying, and the great area of Soho -just taking in the city, grabbing some plain burgers and orange juice on my way home -good night NY!

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar